Ambulatory EEG Setup Technologist – Multiple locations in the US
CortiCare is one of the nations leading providers for in-home ambulatory Video-EEG studies. The EEG technologists are responsible for performing potentially 3 different types of EEG tests; Routine EEGs, Video-Ambulatory EEG testing, and/or set-up of in-hospital, Long-Term EEG study patients. This includes preparing the patient for testing, collecting data, and performing administrative items including signing additional paperwork. The Technologist may also be responsible for initiating communication to data servers, and equipment maintenance.
Full Time and Part Time positions available
Key Skills and Responsibilities
Ambulatory EEGs are set-up and disconnected either at the referring physician’s practice, hospital clinic or patient’s home. EEG recording is long-term (up to 72 hours). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments, if necessary.
- Greeting patients at the setup location
- Obtain a summary of the patient’s history and current medications and supporting documentation
- Setting up the EEG recording and electrodes on the patient using the international 10-20 measurement configuration.
- Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations to ensure proper signals and make adjustments, if necessary
- Demonstrating for the patient, basic functionalities of the EEG recording equipment, the patient event log, recording process, and answering any questions from the patient.
- Remaining available for phone conferences and/or remote troubleshooting of EEG recording during the ambulatory recording period
- Greeting patients in the location for the disconnect appointment
- Reviewing the patient event log with the patient for accuracy of times and clinical information
- Uploading the ambulatory EEG study and attaching the event log onto Company servers
- Removing, cleaning and inventorying EEG recording device from the patient during the disconnect time
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Demonstrate effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
- Demonstrate ability to follow direction
- Have the R.EEG T credential or be registry eligible preferred.