A Leader in Ambulatory Video-EEG
Ambulatory EEG (aEEG) can be an integral part of diagnosing, classifying and managing seizure disorders and identifying non-seizure related causes of patient reported events (cardiac, sleep disorder, behavioral, etc.).
Advantages of multi-day, in-home ambulatory video-EEG recordings:
- Lower cost of service than a stay in a hospital Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- Quicker access to service, no long wait for availability of bed in EMU
- In-home services eliminate the need for patient/family to travel to hospital for testing
- Potentially higher likelihood of capturing epileptic events in home environment (avoid the “hospitalization anticonvulsant” effect)
- aEEG procedures are generally better tolerated than in-patient video-EEG monitoring
- Remote real-time monitoring of patient studies ensures quality recordings with excellent clinical yield
Improving Patient Care and Your Bottom Line
With technologists located in much of the US, we can provide aEEG services almost anywhere. CortiCare’s team has been providing in-home video-EEG studies and routine EEG recordings to physicians, clinics and hospitals for more than 10 years.
Ambulatory EEG services include:
- Insurance pre-authorization and scheduling
- Patient set-up by qualified EEG technologists: in-home or in-office
- Full EEG montage with ECG and digital audio/video
- Routine EEG with stimulation when requested
- Real-time remote monitoring of patient study for quality by experienced staff with 24/7 live patient support
- Local technologists to go onsite if needed and to collect equipment at end of recording
- EEG Review and annotation by our R.EEG.T. staff within 3 business days of recording upload
- EEG reading and report by our neurophysiologists, as requested
- Study storage to our CortiCare Cloud Server with secure web-based physicians portal for study access and reporting
For more information on CortiCare’s ambulatory and routine EEG services, contact us today.